- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbs chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbs grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 beef tenderloin or eye round steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 8 oz.)
- 2 tbs grated Romano cheese
- 3/4 cup uncooked penne pasta, cooked
- 3/4 pound fresh plum tomatoes, seeded, chopped
1. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, sugar, salt, nutmeg and pepper; cook and stir 5 minutes. Stir in basil and 1 tablespoon cheese. Cover; removed from heat.
2. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook tenderloin steaks 10 to 13 minutes (eye round steaks about 11 to 13 minutes), turning occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Spoon tomato sauce over pasta; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese. Serve with steaks.
Total recipe time: 40 minutes
Recipe & photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff, http://www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com