- Beet, Orange & Chevre Salad
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- Lemon-Chive Oil
- 1 bag (5 ounces) spring salad greens
- 1 package (.66 ounces) chives
- 1 package (4 ounces) chevre cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3 medium beets, ends trimmed
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 4 medium oranges
1. Prepare Lemon-Chive Oil; In blender or bowl of food processor with knife blade attached, puree all ingredients 30 seconds or until chives are finely chopped, scraping sides of blender occasionally with rubber spatula.
2. Prepare Beet, Orange & Chevre Salad: Preheat oven to 375°. Rinse beets under cold water and pat dry. Rub beets with oil, salt, and pepper. Wrap individually in foil and place on rimmed baking pan. Roast beets 1 hour or until tender and easily pierced with knife. Remove beets from oven and carefully open foil to allow steam to escape. Let stand 20 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Peel and dice beets.
3. Meanwhile, in small skillet, toast pine nuts over medium-low heat 5 to 6 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Remove peel and white pith from oranges. Turn each orange on its side and cut into ¼-inch-thick slices.
4. To serve, line large serving plate with spring mix, and place orange slices, beets, and onion over spring mix. Drizzle with Lemon-Chive Oil and top with cheese and pine nuts.